Parenting your toddler
Building a Healthy Relationship with Your Toddler
The most important part of your job as a parent is to build a strong and loving relationship with your child. Learn more about forming a strong bond with your toddler. Supporting their social and emotional growth is important for them to be successful later in life.
Help your toddler learn to deal with their feelings by:
• Comforting your child when they’re upset.
• Giving names to feelings and talk about emotions.
• Using gentle hands and a kind voice.
Learn more about managing your child’s feelings.
Self Care while Parenting a Toddler
- Forgive yourself and your partner when you make mistakes.
- Take care of yourself. If your needs aren’t being met, you can’t be expected to take care of a demanding toddler.
- Sometimes, being the parent of a toddler can be difficult. We understand. In this section we give you the tools you need to deal with some of the common challenges.