Parenting your toddler
The most important part of your job as a parent is to build a strong and loving relationship with your child. Supporting their social and emotional growth is important for them to be successful later in life. You can help your toddler learn to deal with their feelings.
• Comfort your child when they’re upset.
• Give names to feelings and talk about emotions.
• Use gentle hands and a kind voice.
• Forgive yourself and your partner when you make mistakes.
• Take care of yourself. If your needs aren’t being met, you can’t be expected to take care of a demanding toddler.
Sometimes, being the parent of a toddler can be difficult. We understand. In this section we give you the tools you need to deal with some of the common challenges.