Taking Care of You
It’s so easy to focus on a newborn baby that sometimes parents forget to take care of themselves. All parents need physical and emotional support, especially in the first year of parenting.
You should be doing the following:
• When family and friends offer help, take them up on it.
• Make sure you are taking the time eat when you’re hungry and drink lots of water.
• Find time to relax and do something you enjoy.
• Connect with other new parents who are supportive.
• Sleep when you can (housework can wait).
If you need more ideas on how to take better care of yourself, talk to your health care provider or Public Health Nurse.