You can never fully prepare to become a mom or dad for the first time. Whether you’re giving birth or not, life will change as you go on a roller coaster of emotions.
Learn about the First Days
Watch this video about Early Days with Your Baby to get practical advice on caring for your baby.
For more information on your first days at home, access this resource:
- Your First Days (English)
- Your First Days (Chinese)
- Your First Days (Farsi)
- Your First Days (Punjabi)
- Your First Days (Spanish)
- Your First Days (Vietnamese)
Checking in After Birth
- If you gave birth at a hospital: A Public Health Nurse will call 24-48 hours after to check in with you.
- If you are receiving care from a midwife after delivery: A Public Health Nurse will contact you 6-8 weeks after.
- If you haven’t been contacted have questions before then, find your local health unit and give them a call.