Preparing Food for Babies
When it’s time to start solid foods, you’ll find a large selection of baby food in your grocery store. However, it’s easy to make your own baby food at home instead (and it will save you money!).
- Offer the same foods to the whole family at meals, just remove your baby’s portion from the recipe before adding salt, soy sauce or other high sodium ingredients. Fresh and dried herbs can be used in a recipe to add flavour.
- Offer new foods often and serve with other familiar foods. Often, making baby food is as simple as sharing your own meal by following some basic guidelines and following safe food handling practices.
Recipe Ideas for Babies
If you’re stuck for ideas, try some of these HealthLink BC resources:
• Finger foods for babies 6 to 12 months old
• Meal ideas for babies 6 to 12 months old
• Recipe ideas for babies 6 to 12 months old
• Recipe ideas for babies 9 to 12 months old
• Meal and snack ideas for children 1 to 3 years old